Being a Landlord to RAU Students

The University will act only as an advertising medium to assist students to find off campus accommodation. Advertising is purely through this website and we do not allow paper adverts on University notice boards or e-mails circulated to advertise rental properties.

We work closely with Cotswold District Council and support their new “Fit to Rent” scheme.   Your property  must have this accreditation before we can advertise it. For information on how to join up –

All Accommodation Must Have The Following:

  • Valid safety certificates for gas and mains electrical installation
  • Soft furniture that complies with the 1988 Furniture and Furnishings regulations
  • A minimum of two smoke detectors
  • A mains or battery powered carbon monoxide detector if there are any gas or other fuel burning appliances
  • A fire blanket in the kitchen
  • Secure locks on external doors
  • At least four electrical sockets in each study bedroom
  • Accommodation should be in good decorative order throughout
  • Single study bedrooms to be furnished with bed (including clean mattress),wardrobe, drawer space, desk and chair and shelving
  • Kitchens should have cooker, fridge/freezer, adequate cupboards and work surface
  • Communal room with enough soft seating for each resident
  • Suitable heating appliances in each room.  GAS FIRES OR BOILERS IN BEDROOMS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
  • There should be curtains / blinds, carpets and lampshades throughout, an adequate number of sockets, an ironing board, vacuum cleaner, a mop andbucket, a broom dustpan and brush.

Submit a Property

Landlords can submit a property to the Urban Fox listings.